Saturday, August 29, 2009

Parade!!!!!!!!


We went to Cassandra's first parade today. The parade was to welcome home the troups and it was very cool. It was loud though at times, so we put our blanket back a ways from the action.

A lady was there to hand out flags, so we got one for Cassandra. She loved waving it.

It was emotional to see all the branches of the military pass by us. We were all cheering and thanking the troups for what they did.

There were several bands that were marching too. They were playing patriotic music.

This one was not to close, but it was fun to see the hourses with soldiers on them. Cassandra liked them. She was pointing at them, which you can't see in this picture.
Well, we support the troups and it was neat seeing how many others do too. It has received a bad wrap from a lot of people, so it was good seeing how many others give their support and hearing them cheer and thank all the soldiers. I think it is important to remember where we have gotten our freedom and how we still have it. God Bless all the troups that have brought and protected our Freedom and Country.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Wow...what a cool parade to celebrate the troops that are and have been fighting for our freedom! I bet that would be emotional!

Corneliu and Natalie Muresan said...

I am glad I had my sunglasses because I was tearing up at some points. I am glad that I heard of it so that we could go.