Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas preparation


Ica and Mica cooked all day yesterday for Christmas. It is a tradition to do sarmali. Then they cooked a lot of other things too. I asked if I could help but they said no. Cornel and Lucas and I went for a walk. Then Cornel and I took the dog for another walk and cut some wood. We were planning to go to the forest with a lot of people, but they were all doing this...




They let Cassandra help some. She was curios.


This is also a traditional cake. It is called cosonac and they said they will make more through the weekend. One has chocolate and nuts and the other has jelly worm type sweets in it. I have never been a fan. You are not supposed to eat it hot, and Cornel and Ica got stomach aches because they did.
This video is of Mica saying all the things she did. She worked from morning to night, and then she said she had 2 cakes to make today. Today, the 24, is when they celebrate Christmas. Santa Clause comes, I guess while everyone is at church, and then they eat and open presents into the night. I do not know how much sleep Cassandra is going to get tonight, the Christmas tree is in the room right next to ours. Tomorrow is Cornel's dad's birthday, on Christmas day.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

How come Cassandra got to help and you didn't, Natalie?

Corneliu and Natalie Muresan said...

They don't think I can cook Romanain. I don't know.

Bonnie said...

But Cassandra can half-way cook Romanian because she is half Romanian, right?